The ultimate 2v2 CS:GO tournament is back! Starting in April, players will battle it out to find the best Counter-Strike: Global Offensive duos in the world. Custom maps, exciting teams and a new futuristic narrative mean this tournament is one to keep an eye on.
• Red Bull Flick 2021 is the opportunity for CS:GO duos around the world to put their skills to the ultimate test with unique maps alongside a new narrative for players to immerse themselves in a futuristic sci-fi setting.
• Red Bull Flick first launched in 2019 with a local event in Turkey, taken to a new level in 2020 with a global launch and 45,000 registrations in over 30 countries competing. Legendary G2 Nikola “NiKo” Kovač will be the Red Bull Flick Brand Ambassador, making appearances and providing his expert opinion throughout the tournament.
• International online qualifiers will kick off the season in April, with the exciting Red Bull Flick Invitational - Helsinki to conclude the year in November 2021.
• SteelSeries comes on board as the official Peripheral Partner to support with their world-renowned gaming headsets, keyboards and mice. AOC returns as the official Monitor Partner to provide phenomenal visual clarity and ultra-high refresh rate monitors.
London, March 29th, 2021. Red Bull Flick, the premier 2v2 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament, is returning for 2021 with a futuristic twist and brand new custom maps. Open to players around the world, Red Bull Flick will see skilled duos battle it out in national tournaments and international online qualifiers for the chance to be crowned number one and challenge their CS:GO idols in the official pro-am competition, the Red Bull Flick Invitational, Helsinki, to conclude the season. This year’s tournament weaves in a futuristic narrative, an alternative reality in which esports is the ultimate form of public entertainment, which will take players to custom maps and arenas across multiple planets and space stations.
This year’s game mode features capture points, with each duo fighting for control of the map. This will be the first time that a narrative of this kind, along with themed maps and content, has been incorporated into a Red Bull event. Red Bull Flick began in 2019 as a local event in Turkey and is now a prestigious global tournament, with over 45,000 registrations and duos from some of the biggest teams on the scene competing in 2020. For Red Bull Flick 2021, G2 NiKo will join as the official Red Bull Flick Brand Ambassador. As an expert rifler and one of the best CS:GO in-game leaders in the world, NiKo will give fans expert insight and commentary on the top plays of the tournament.
Last year’s 2020 Red Bull Flick Pro EU Invitational saw exciting upsets and incredible duos from Team Vitality, BIG Clan, ENCE and G2, with Team Germany emerging victorious over the likes of Kévin "misutaaa" Rabier and the undisputed best player in the world, Mathieu "ZywOo" Herbaut. Red Bull Flick 2021 will comprise national tournaments in more than 30 countries and international online qualifiers open to all. Winners will earn a spot in the Red Bull Flick Invitational Helsinki. There they will compete against other regional winners, as well as some of the best pro players in the world.
Red Bull Flick has partnered with world-class partners to bring cutting edge hardware to competitors. The tournament welcomes SteelSeries as the new official Peripheral Partner, providing headsets, keyboards and mice to players, ensuring full immersion with tools built for both high performance and durability. Additionally, AOC, the global leader in gaming monitors, returns as the Official Monitor Partner for the event, bringing exceptional visual clarity and ultra-high refresh rates to competitors.
• The first 2021 Red Bull Flick International Online Qualifiers are open for registration now on FACEIT, and national tournaments begin in April.
• Here you can find the assets for Red Bull Flick 2021.
About Global Partners
For the 2021 season, SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, joins as the official Peripheral Partner to support the event with their award-winning gaming headsets, keyboards and mice for the ultimate competitive edge. The exciting new partnership will ensure that competitors will have access to the peripherals they need for success. The hyper durable materials, sound quality and input precision are perfect for the fast decision making competitors require.
AOC, the global leader in gaming monitors, returns to join the Red Bull Gaming universe once again, bringing the event to life, and providing cutting-edge hardware for the esports tournament. As the official Monitor Partner for 2021, AOC will provide top-notch high performance gaming monitors for the ultimate gaming experience for contestants. High refresh rates and short response times mean competitors will have the best possible in-game experience.
More Red Bull Gaming / Esports
• Red Bull Flick Discord: discord.gg/vXG9VFPpF6
• Still images for editorial use: redbullcontentpool.com
• Twitter: twitter.com/redbullgaming
• Instagram: instagram.com/redbullgaming/
• Facebook: facebook.com/RedBullGaming
Chicago, March 29, 2021