Call of Duty on PC has a meme-worthy game file size of nearly 250GB. Luckily, you can now pick and choose exactly which game modes (Warzone, Campaign, Multiplayer, etc.) that you want to install via Battle.net, sparing your internet connection and hard drive space.
In their most recent patch on 13. Oktober, 2020, Infinity Ward announced that players can now pick and choose which parts of Modern Warfare to install and keep updated, including Warzone (required), Campaign, Multiplayer, and Special Ops.
This is great news for virtually every COD player (aside from those who want every game mode installed and updated). It saves tons of space and reduces how long it takes your game to patch.
Here's how to do it (from infinityward.com)
- Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- Select the Options menu on the upper lefthand portion of the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- Under Game Content, select Modify Install.
- Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. (Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Select Confirm.
- Select Start Install.
They also include the following notes to be aware of:
Before removing installed content, be sure your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game is not running, and the game is not updating.
It is not possible to modify the installed content while updating. If your game is not up to date before you modify your content selection, the size estimates will not be accurate.
Activision also details how to reduce filesize on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on their support site.
We're super thrilled about the ability to pick and choose in Modern Warfare, and hope to see the same functionality with the new Cold War game.
Enjoy your freed up hard drive space, and have fun on the battlefield!
- COD Warzone Bunker Keypad-Codes
- COD Warzone: All 11 Bunker Vault Locations
- How to Get the New Bruen Firebrand Blueprint in Warzone Season 6
Join us on the official SteelSeries Discord server for COD and more.