The Season of Arrivals introduced the Umbral Decoder, a "Ramshackle Cryptarch" built by Drifter that allows you to access loot inside of the new Umbral engrams. But the best part is the voicemail-style recordings that good ol' Gambit guy Drifter left for you when interacting with it:
Drifter's Umbral Decoder voice lines
- Okay, uh - start recording now or what? Do I push it and HOLD, and just, ah -
- Umbal Engram. Try saying that 5 times fast.
- Oh, that's a nice little haul. Hope the payout's as good. Hahaha!
- Woo! That's the stuff! Get paid, hero!
- This bank'll take whatever you can give, brother!
- Decoder online! If it jams up, a quick punch oughta fix it. Like most things in life.
- Toss in something good. You get a prize; I keep the runoff. Everybody wins.
- Isn't this thing cool? It's like Rahool, but better.
- Willkommen bei... Dark Decoder... eh, I'll think up a real name later.
- I love the smell of decrypted Dark Engram. Woo!
- Putting this thing together was easy. Getting it to record my voice was the hard part.
- Go ahead, throw some Darkness in here. Don't worry, it's safe. I think.
- Hey, if you're hearing this, the machine's ready. If you're not hearing this, well, it's not.
- Hope you get something good this time. And don't forget who gave it to ya.
- This modded bank ain't safe. Don't touch nothin' you don't have to.
- Hey there, go ahead and deposit something loaded with Darkness.
- This bank'll launder anything you deposit. Useful, ain't it?
- Insert your Darkness. Ol' Drifter knows just what to do with that stuff.
- Scanning biometrics... ahh, I'm kidding! You know you're authorized.
- We know you have a choice in Cryptarchs. Thank you for choosing the Drifter Decoder!
- Hope you brought me some Darkness! This bank is hungry! Yum, yum, yum...
- Welcome to my machine! It's like a Cryptarch that won't judge you!
Lastly, thanks to /u/destinythedrifter for coining the term "Drifter Trashcan":
Join the official SteelSeries Discord server to chat about Destiny 2 and more.